Ductless Air Conditioner | Mini-Split HVAC
What’s a Ductless Air System and Why Do You Need One?
The first answer to that question is: “Maybe you don’t.” Ductless air systems or AC system aren’t for everyone. Then again, neither are central air systems.
So, what does a ductless system give you that central air can’t?
- Air conditioning only or AC system and heating combined…your choice.
- No air ducts needed, by design. And, not having to re-duct your home or install new ductwork represents a huge potential savings.
- No concerns over leaking or blocked air ducts.
- Ideal for single-room or whole-house usage, or anything in between.
- Costs less to operate than separate cooling and heating systems.
- Lower installation cost, too
- Greater ease of maintenance.
These are all good reasons to choose a ductless air system. But there are more.
Ductless Air Applications
Ductless air systems – also called wall-mounted or mini-split systems – can work alone or in tandem with existing heating and cooling systems.
Let’s say, for example, that your upstairs living area is usually hotter and more humid in the summer than the downstairs area. Instead of redoing or replacing your entire AC system, consider adding a ductless unit upstairs to pick up where central air leaves off.
Here are more ductless air applications worth considering:
- Garage conversions
- Attic conversions
- Room additions
- Media rooms
- Basement build-outs
Or, how about a ductless system for your attached or detached garage? It’s the perfect solution for owners of classic cars or other sensitive material you don’t want ruined. An installed ductless air system also provides just the right level of comfort for garage workshop enthusiasts.
More Benefits of a Ductless Air System
We’re not done singing the praises of ductless air just yet:
- Unparalleled Efficiency: Ductwork is prone to cracks and leaks which reduces the efficiency of central and forced air systems. No ducts, by comparison, means greater efficiency. In fact, advanced technology helps ductless systems reach efficiencies up to 30 SEER.
- Quiet, Remote Control Operation: You won’t hear your ductless system, but you’ll feel the cool or warm air it provides. What’s more, you can adjust temperature settings without getting up, thanks to remote control operation.
- Ease of Installation: Installing a ductless unit is quick and easy, and the whole process is usually completed in a single day.
Discover the Ductless Advantage with Air Professionals
Not sure how to fill your current heating or cooling need…or both? Then now’s a great time to contact Air Professionals for advice you can trust and a free new system proposal. We’ll even explain your options to help ensure you make the right choice.