When you enter your home on a hot, sticky day, you expect to leave those conditions behind, trading them for cool and comfortable surroundings… “expect” being the operative word. That’s because, as your AC system ages, it gradually loses its ability to keep humidity levels at a minimum.
Under those circumstances, what’s a home owner to do? Well, besides complain a lot and keep a cool wash cloth on your forehead, you have a few different choices:
- Employ a series of DIY means to minimize indoor humidity, like keeping the bathroom window or door open when you shower, buying room dehumidifiers, purchasing house plants that absorb humidity, and so on.
- Replace your AC system with a newer model that can solve the problem all on its own.
- Or, purchase a whole-house dehumidifier so you can get more mileage out of your otherwise well-functioning AC system.
Whole-house dehumidifiers are in high demand here in Westchester and neighboring counties in New York and Connecticut. Here are just some of the benefits they provide:
- Better quality sleep
- Reduced stress
- Relief from itchy, watery eyes
- Helps prevent mold and mildew growth
- Helps relieve the symptoms of allergies and asthma
Lower indoor humidity also means lower energy costs.
So, if high indoor humidity is causing problems for your home and family, contact Air Professionals today to learn more about a whole-house dehumidifier. At your request, we’ll also be happy to provide a free proposal.