The big day has finally arrived. No, you’re not leaving for vacation. No new raise to share with your family. And it’s not quite time for the first day of the baseball season.
Nope, it’s a day exciting in its own right – the day your new furnace gets installed. After months of on-again and off-again heat, those headaches and chilly times are about to come to an end.
And then it hits you – “My HVAC contractor knows what they’re doing, but are any preparatory steps required on our part?” As a matter fact, there are, but nothing you can’t easily handle.
So, let’s talk about that day a little bit, starting with what happens on our end:
- Obtain all required permits.
- Deliver and install the new system. Upon arrival, we’ll prep the work area and protect it with drop cloths and anything else that will help ensure an orderly and successful installation.
- Instruct you on how the system works.
- Start the system to ensure it’s in perfect operating condition.
- Show you how to troubleshoot the system in case of a problem.
- Go through the owner’s manual with you, especially the information pertaining to your warranty.
- Clean up after ourselves.
- Haul away the old system.
Whether it’s the day your new furnace is to be installed or a few days before, here’s how you can help ensure everything runs like clockwork:
- Remove any obstructions around the existing furnace.
- Remove anything of value in or near the work area, such as valuable artwork or tabletop items.
- Ensure all areas of your home are accessible.
- If you’re having a combined heating and air conditioning system installed, close all air vents throughout the home on the day of the installation.
Don’t worry, we’re not going to quiz you on these steps to see how well you score. We’ll go over our role and yours in advance for your added comfort, convenience, and peace of mind. So, if you’ve been thinking about replacing your rickety old furnace, contact Air Professionals today for a free in-home heating analysis and new system proposal.