If your furnace has hit the ripe old age of 12-15 years old, it’s on its way out…statistically speaking, anyway.
Of course, heating systems can show signs of quitting – or quitting entirely – well before they reach their expected lifespan. How would you know? Here are some of the more common signs:
- Sharp increases in your heating costs
- Uneven temperatures from room to room
- Noisy operation
- More frequent repairs
- Greater accumulation of dust on furniture and elsewhere
The fact is, if you live in your home long enough, sooner or later you’re going to have to make a decision: is it worth the cost and risk of repairing your furnace one more time, or is now the time to replace it?
What to Look for in a New Memphis Furnace
At Air Professionals, we display high competency in heating system design and installation. Why designers? Because the very last step in replacing your home heating system is installing the new furnace itself.
First, it’s our job to ensure you get exactly the right system for the size and other unique conditions of your home. Our system design steps include the following:
- Perform heat load calculations to determine system size
- Check your ducts for proper sizing, cracks, and leaks
- Check other areas of your home to determine if heat is escaping
- Check your attic and other insulation, including inside walls, sockets, and switces
- And more
When our design work is finished, we’ll present you with multiple new system recommendations so you can choose what’s best for your family and budget. As for energy efficiency, today’s home heating systems must be at least 83% efficient and can be as high as 95% or more. So no matter which furnace or boiler you choose, accumulated energy savings will eventually cover its cost.
For more information and a free in-home consultation plus new system quote, contact Air Professionals today.