Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, when people and organizations demonstrate their support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 193 countries each year.
Here at Air Professionals, we think Earth Day is the perfect time and vehicle to underscore the message that natural resources can’t be taken for granted, and that there are very practical ways to protect and preserve them. Here are just a few ways you and your kids can experience Earth Day to the fullest with lessons learned that hopefully will last a lifetime:
- Take your kids to one or more of several local Earth Day events, including “Up, Up & Away! A Birds of Prey Experience”, and “Earth Day Quest” on the trails of Teatown Lake Reservation, just to name two. Click here for a full listing and more details on kid friendly Earth Day events taking place throughout the month of April.
- Add new life to your property by planting a tree, shrub, flowers, or all of the above.
- Gather up your old toys and donate them to your favorite charity.
- Make a nature craft together, like a birdhouse or bird feeder.
- Award your kids a gold star for every act of re-using, reducing, and recycling. You can even make a contest of it for a little added fun and adventure.
- Get together with friends and neighbors to pick up litter at a public park, parking lot, or city street. In the process, recycle everything you can.
- Prepare a special Earth Day meal using only natural and organic foods, especially those produced locally.
At Air Professionals, it’s our job and our pleasure to help our customers live greener, more comfortable, and healthier lifestyles. Now, for example, we’re helping home owners switch from their old Freon-consuming A/C systems to newer models using the more environmentally friendly R410A refrigerant. We’re also indoor air quality Specialists with multiple solutions for providing a steady supply of fresh, clean indoor air.
During the spring, we’re especially busy in performing preventative maintenance on home air conditioning systems to help reduce energy consumption. With our multi-point cleaning and inspection service, we also can help extend your AC system’s lifespan, minimize or eliminate future repair problems, and provide you with worry-free comfort for the long, hot summer that lies ahead.
Make the most of Earth Day, and get the most from your home comfort system by contacting Air Professionals today.