It’s one of life’s little ironies that something we loathe during the summer is the very thing we crave more of during the winter: humidity.
That’s right: a lot of the discomfort you may be feeling during the heating season could be attributed to extremely dry indoor air. But that can all be fixed with the simple and affordable installation of a whole-house humidifier. Here are five very good reasons to get one installed in your home by Air Professional Associates:
- Greater personal comfort. When you increase the amount of moisture in the air, you can stop worrying about dry, flaky skin, static electric shock, nose bleeds from nowhere, and other unpleasantries caused by dry air.
- Lower utility costs. More humidity in the air will warm things up without you having to raise the thermostat.
- Protection for your wood doors, flooring, furniture, and personal possessions. By increasing the amount of indoor relative humidity, your wood doors, flooring, etc. will be protected against drying up, shrinking and, eventually, cracking.
- Allergy & asthma relief. Dry indoor air can wreak havoc with those already suffering from allergies and asthma. More moisture, fewer problems. It really is that simple.
- You have total control. Even though most people feel completely comfortable with relative humidity readings between 30% and 40%, you can establish whatever level is most comfortable for you and your family, and change that level at any time. You see, while your whole-house humidifier will run in conjunction with your furnace, it has its own independent controls.
If you’re tired of desert-like dry air in your home, contact Air Professional Associates today for more information or to schedule installation of a whole-house humidifier in your home. Your whole family will thank you for it!